See “Aspects et Vues” (article in French).
The enterprise is a complex object. It cannot be approached without an analytical framework that organizes the subject matter. This is the role of the reference framework or methodological framework (conceptual framework). Thus, all the enterprise concerns, whether they be strategic or tactical, when they concern the organization, the performance or the logistics, are included in a full and rigorously structured description. In this way, every piece of information or decision is given one, and only one, place in the enterprise description Repository. We thus avoid wasting time and effort and can take advantage of the expertise of all concerned.
The Enterprise System Topology identifies and articulates seven aspects which enable us to apprehend the full reality of the enterprise. Contrary to “views”, these aspects are defined independently of points of view and are isolated using the internal logic of the Enterprise System. The method links them carefully together, so as to create a harmonious transformation chain. All along this chain, information and decision elements are expressed, formalized and progressively transformed into concrete solutions.
For more information: see the “Product” page on the wiki.
Most enterprises and organizations are faced with the same difficulties as regards design and control: whether it concerns how they are run or how they are transformed, their processes or their information systems, the acknowledged complexity everywhere dominates and drives to despair.
Rather than responding to these difficulties in a haphazard way, with necessarily limited means, several actors have joined forces in order to develop an open method. Praxeme is the result of this pooling of investments. It is an enterprise methodology that covers all aspects of the enterprise, from strategy to deployment.
- After the initial work carried out for SAGEM and SMABTP, the white paper, in 2004, defined the initiative and formulated some of the principles of the method.
- In 2006, the Praxeme Institute association was founded.
- Today, strengthened by the support from the French government and several other actors, the association is developing version 2 of the method.
A brief chronology
- 2003: first contribution, contribution from SAGEM Defense (first version of the methodological guides, applied to the overhaul of drone system control stations)
- 2004: initiative launched, publication of the White Paper, contribution of SMABTP (Praxeme for SOA)
- 2005: initial communication
- 2006: founding of the Praxeme Institute
- 2007: first “Exceptional days”
- 2009: Praxeme recommended as a method for designing information systems in the General Interoperability Framework (RGI: Référentiel général d’interopérabilité)
- 2010: publication of the Enterprise Transformation Manifesto, signature of a cooperation agreement with CESAMES
- 2011: contribution of the “Performance Tree” method, donated to the open corpus
- 2012: exceptional training course “Business Architecture & Transformation”
- 2013: Praxeme adopted by the Interministerial Directorate for Information and Communications Systems (DISIC), launch of version 2
For more details: see the presentation about the initiative on the wiki.